Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Who does God want me to be?

I think about this daily, who does God want me to be? He obviously wanted me to be a daughter, sister, wife, mother and friend. He obviously wanted me to marry the Military man I did, he obviously had my path laid out well before I was even born, well he knows who he wants me to be. But I ask, who does God want me to be?



I know God wants me to be a better Christian, I struggle with that daily. I could and should walk a much closer walk with God and as hard as I try, I all too often fall short of the mark. Just today I read an article and I got it! I really really got it. God wants me to be a Bible based Christian while I am living the life of a cultural Christian. What is a cultural Christian you ask? A cultural Christian is someone who has divided his loyalties between God and the things/events of this world. All to often, I get so involved in life (people, places, things) that my faith takes a back seat and I do not even realize it. There are times when I convince myself that it is OK to miss out on church because I had such a busy weekend or have too much housework to do or errands to run, really in the end it is me I am hurting. I am making myself a stranger to those in my church, I am denying my sons the time in nursery they should have to worship the Lord and learn how great he is. I am not only hurting myself and my sons but also God, I am not giving him the time he so deserves! This is not who God wants me to be, he does not want the world around me to dictate how I serve the Lord, I should let Him show me!



God wants me to be a Bible based Christian, he wants me to cling to his word and serve him as the bible tells me. I am to cling to His word and let Him show me!



In Psalm 1:1-3 it says, "Blessed is the man who walks not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor stands in the path of sinners, nor sits in the seat of the scornful; but his delight is in the law of the Lord, and in His law he meditates day and night. He shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that brings forth its fruit in its season, whose leaf shall not wither; and whatever he does shall prosper."



I need to learn to cling to God and allow him to show me whom he wants me to be. I should not let my surroundings affect the way I show my faith. I should let my faith shape my world around me!

No comments: