Wednesday, December 16, 2009
Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Check this sweet computer out!!!
MckMama's HP TouchSmart Giveaway today for your chance to win one of these sweet things!
Monday, October 5, 2009
"When he shall die, take him and cut him out into little stars and he shall make the face of heaven so fine that all the world will be in love with night and pay no worship to the garish sun." William Shakespeare
Rob, thank you. Thank you for your friendship, thank you for the laughs, the smiles, the hugs, your brotherly love for my husband, thank you for being you.
When I saw you at Ranger Rendezvous, if I knew that were to be the last time, I would of made that hug that you gave me last a little longer, I would have made you play with Tucker a little longer, I would have made you hold Chase a little longer, I would have not taken that day for granted.
You are a hero to all of your friends, family and Ranger family. You are missed so much that it hurts, you are loved more than our hearts can handle. We will all carry on your spirit and take it forth in everything that we do.
Thank you Rob, thank you!
Tuesday, September 22, 2009
But, after talking to some friends, seeking advice from a great Chaplain, talking with our amazing Pastor and a marriage retreat that came at a perfect time, we are back on track and clinging to the word of God as well as each other!
So without further ado, I will leave you with some pictures of the amazing little boys that fill my life with so much joy!
Friday, September 11, 2009
As I sit here 8 years later I constantly hear all around me that it is time to get our men and women out of Afghanistan, why are were even there in the first place. If anyone has a problem remembering why our troops are in Afghanistan, this is why, to take out this terrible enemy force that caused such horrible destruction and a horrible blow to our country and to the lives of 2,996 families on September 11, 2001. There are times when my husband was deployed to Afghanistan that I often forgot why he was there, I was angry he was there and not home with me and our son. I was angry because he was over helping people that I thought did not want him there, but then I realized he was over there helping to further protect our country so that nothing like this will ever happen again, to rid the world of such an enemy so that we will not have a fear of being attacked by terrorists again. The men and women fighting in Afghanistan today do not want the men and women lost in 9/11 to have been lost in vain, the fight for them every day.
On this day, it is important for me to remember all of the men and women that have died fighting for our freedom as well and to insure that 9/11 never happens again. Today, I not only remember those that died on 9/11, but also those from 1/75 Ranger Battalion that have given their lives to insure that the victim's of 9/11 did not die in vain;Sergeant Bradley Crose, Corporal Matthew Commons, Specialist Marc Anderson, Staff Sergeant Anthony Davis, Private First Class Eric Hario, and Staff Sergeant Jason Dahlke.
I remember, do you?
Daniel Suhr was a 37 year old NYC Firefighter from Engine Co. 216. He was rushing into the North Tower of the World Trade Center when he was struck by one of the people that had either fallen or jumped from the upper floors of the tower. With his death he also saved the lives of 7 of his fellow firefighters; they were all on their way into the North tower when they saw Daniel get struck, they stopped to but him in the ambulance and at the same time the tower fell.
Daniel grew up in Brooklyn, was a star high school football and baseball player, went to Albany State and also a college in California to play football. He was one of six children and was married to his childhood sweetheart Nancy. He and Nance also have a daughter, whom was 2 on Septemeber 11, 2001.
I will never forget and hope that you will never forget either.
Remembering the Victim's of 9/11: Project 2,996 is a project that was started in 2006 to remember the victim's of 9/11.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
I have known that WAR is real, but in the past 12 months I have been rocked to the core not 1 time, not 2 times, not 3 times, but now 4 times that WAR is real. C and I lost a close friend last September (Cpt. Rich Cliff), C lost a fellow comrade in January (SSG Anthony Davis) and now C mourns the loss of another comrade and friend (SSG Jason Dahlke) and although we did not personally know PFC Hario, we feel his loss as well.
There is no way that I could ever do these men justice in writing, these men are amazing, selfless heroes. I can with certainty say that SSG Dahlke died doing what he loved and that may make it a little bit easier, however we are still broken, we still hurt, we still mourn, we still cry, we still laugh and we will always remember. There is not a day that goes by nor is there a day that will ever go by will I will not think of these men with the utmost pride, respect and thankfullness. I am proud to have known them and am a better person for having them in my life.
Saturday, August 29, 2009
Please, take a moment to say a prayer for these two wonderful people, their family and friends. I know that it takes a lot for me to tell that my husband is upset, but I can see the pain in his eyes and hear the sadness in his voice. It is hard for these warriors to understand how one can make it home from combat so many times safely to be injured while at home.
They also have a Blog where there will be updates on their condition. C is going to head up to the hospital today to see Ben, so hopefully I will have an update for you then.
Tuesday, August 11, 2009
The past year has been a tough one in our "family", first C and I lost our dear friend Captain Richard "Richie" Cliff,I can not say enough how deep that hurt us. I grew up in the same hometown as Richie, was taught Biology by his mother in High School and C did ROTC with Richie at ASU. He was a friend to me and a great friend and mentor to C. He is in my thoughts every day and I pray that God helps his family as the first anniversary of his death is creeping in on us. Secondly, C lost another friend this year shortly after we lost Richie,Staff Sergeant Anthony Davis, C served with him in his last deployment before taking his non-deploy able position, it hit C hard.
Big Richie and Little Richie, about 3 weeks before Big Richie was KIA
Recently a young Ranger by the name of CPL Benjamin Kopp was killed in action if Afghanistan, he served with the Battalion that is here where my husband is now. I knew that CPL Kopp was killed as the former Battalion Chaplain attends our church and did the service for CPL Kopp. What I did not know and have just recently become privy too is the amazing story of a selfless hero that just keeps on giving. This article brought me to my knees, I am amazed at how our men and women keep on giving even after paying the ultimate sacrifice. What a selfless act of love, CPL Kopp died for his country and then gifted the opportunity for someone to be able to have a new life!!! I amazed and awe struck, the heart of a hero truly does beat on!
Thursday, August 6, 2009
Publix shopping rules:
- Always shop the circular for your local market that is found online. There is an ad that comes out in the Sunday paper that includes the penny item coupon, but this ad just has a small selection of what is really for sale at Publix that week.
- I never purchase items that are not on sale at Publix unless I have a coupon that makes them completely free. Unless an item is on sale at Publix their prices are seemingly higher than the commissary or Wal-mart where I would usually get those items.
- In order to fully maximize Publix shopping and get your full savings you must clip/print coupons. Publix has a pretty awesome coupon policy, they double coupons up to 50 cents, you can use a Publix coupon(which can be found in their magazine type papers that are foudn at the front of the store or you can sign up for some of them on their website) along with a manufacturer's coupon, when you buy items that are B1G1 you can use 2 coupons, you can use printable coupons up to $4 and they also take competitor's coupons for other stores you have in your area, in Columbus that would usually be the Target printables.
- Use the B1G1 sales to stockpile. The more you stockpile the less you will have to shop for things that are typically on the B1G1 sales such as spaghetti sauce, pasta, cereal, juice,etc.
- When you purchase B1G1 items you do not have to purchase 2 of the item if you do not want to, if you purchase just 1 item then you will get that item for half off.
- Each Wednesday the new circular comes out there is a great website called Fiddledeedee where she matches all of that weeks B1G1 and sale items with printable coupons and tells you in what coupon fliers in the paper you can find the non printable coupons for the items. Remember when looking at this site, most of the time when you print a coupon you can press the back button and print a coupon again, making it possible for you to have 2 coupons for the B1G1 sales.
- Always make sure you try to have a coupon for the item you want to buy, however with that said the majority of the times on a B1G1 sale the items are cheaper than any other store. Publix has the best B1G1 sale around.
- 2 Kraft salad dressings: Reg $3.00/each on sale B1G1 for $1.50/each. I used 2 $1.50 off Kraft salad dressing coupons found on the Cooking with Kraft website making these items free!
- 4 Muir Glen tomato sauce: Reg .89. I used 4 $1.00 of any Muir Glen item coupons found Bettycrocker.com making these items free plus .11 overage for each can.
- 3 Mueller's Pasta: Reg $1.39/each on sale B1G1 for .70 each. I used a $1.00 off of the purchase of 3 found on pastavalue.com making these items cost .36 each for a total of $1.10.
- 1 Go-gurt: Reg $2.99/each on sale B1G1 for $1.50. I purchased 1 and used a .40 coupon which was doubled to .80 found here making the Go-gurt .70.
- 4 Chef-boyardee cans: Reg $1.50 on sale for .85. I used 4 $1.00 off any Chef-boyardee item coupons found on the Simple and Delicious website making these items free plus a .15 overage for each item.
- 2 Hormel ready to eat entrees: Reg $5.5o/each on sale for $4.00/each. I used 2 $2.00 of Hormel item coupons found here making these items $2.00 each for a total of $4.00.
- 2 Betty Crocker supreme brownie mix: Reg $2.69 each on sale B1G1 for $1.35 each. I used a .75 off of 2 coupon making these .97 each for a total of $1.94.
- 2 Kraft Shells-n-Cheese: Reg $2.59 on sale B1G1 for $1.30 each. I used a $1.50/2 coupon found here making these items .55 each for a total of $1.10.
- Kraft BBQ Sauce: Reg $1.39. I used a coupon that was found on the Shells and Cheese box for a free bottle of BBQ sauce when you purchase 2 Shells and Cheese. Making this item free!
- Beechnut Mixed Cereal: Reg $1.89. I used a B1G1 coupon from a previous box of cereal to make these items .95 each for a total of $1.80
I purchased 21 items for $10.73 making that .51 for each item on average. Not too shabby if you ask me!!
Thursday, July 30, 2009
Look, the Mountaineers are finally ready to play with the big boys!!! 3 National Championships gets you nice things, like this amazing new stadium!!!
Thursday, July 23, 2009
Monday, July 6, 2009
We had a blast at Hollywood Studios (formerly MGM Studios), I would highly recommend the new Toy Story Mania ride, super fun!!! But get there at park opening and high tail it for a Fast Pass, we got ours at 9:04, 4 minutes after the gates opened, I ran with a baby strapped on my chest and got fast passes for 10:35, by 11:00 all FP were gone for the day!!! T loved meeting all of his favorite characters...see his star struck.....
On to.......Day Two: The Magic Kingdom
This was by far the BEST Magic Kingdom experience I have EVER had, no lines more than 10 minutes long all day long. However this was due to a tragic accident that occured early in the morning on July 5th at around 2am there was a head on monorail collision, which left the 21 year old driver dead. The monorail has been closed since the accident so the ferry is the only way over to the magic kingdom from the ticket center, therefore a lot of people avoided the area. Our hearts are heavy for that family!!!
Now on to.......
Day Three(current day): Chef Mickey's and Typhoon Lagoon
We had a great day today, starting with the Chef Mickey's character breakfast, $80 later, a full belly, alot of character meeting and autographs we all left happy and headed to the water park for a day of fun!!!! Which leads me now to my current state, exhausted and blogging from the bed!!!
Tomorrow we head to The Animal Kingdom in the morning, then back to the Magic Kingdom for some evening riding and the parade at night. Wednesday is Epcot! Thursday we head to Busch Gardens in Tampa for the day and to spend the evening with Chad's college buddy Lew and Friday we shall relax by the pool with adult beverages before we head out Saturday morning!!!
I hope everyone had a blessed 4th and all of our friends have fun on leave!!!!!
Thursday, July 2, 2009
We will be enjoying some super spectacular and much needed family time at the Mouse's
house for the next week! I may not, or possible may be able to post while we are away, I guess
it depends on how busy T keeps us!!
I hope everyone has a happy and very safe Fourth of July!!!!
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
"MckLinky" is a free links list feature that allows you to do include lists of other blog links like MckMama does on Not Me Monday. Some people call them “carnivals” or “memes” but you can use "MckLinky" any time you want your blog readers to leave a list of links on your blog. It’s simple, reliable and free.
So try "MckLinky" today!!
Monday, June 29, 2009
The winner of this giveaway will get a set of these straight from the mouse's house....
Alright are you ready to enter the giveaway, there are many ways you can.
- Post about this giveaway on your blog, link back to my post and then put a comment on this post so I know that you blogged about it.
- Tweet about the giveaway make sure to either @cortney0509 me or put the blog link in your tweet, then come back here and let me know you tweeted so I can make sure it counts for an entry.
- You can tweet every day once a day from now until the end of the giveaway every day that you tweet make sure you come back here to let me know you tweeted.
- You don't have to have a blog to post, if you want just leave a comment in the comment section letting me know anything you want about yourself and that counts too, but make sure to leave your email!
- You can even enter by just leaving me a comment about who you would want to win the mouse ears for.
Good luck and I am super excited about my first giveaway!!!
- I was not supposed to make a dish from our culture for my son's multicultural picnic at school this week and I most certainly did not forget!
- I then did not stop by the grocery store after remembering that I forgot to search for a cultural dish. I most certainly did not purchase a German chocolate cake, because hey I am German after all! I would have never done that!!
- I did not let my 3 1/2 year old son play for hours outside, in a huge field, during Ft Benning's Independence Day celebration this weekend. I would never allow him to do that, I mean that is really gross.
- I also did not allow him to eat and M&M ice cream sandwich cookie and a blue sno-cone for dinner, but hey he did have water to drink! Not me!
Monday, June 15, 2009
I do not know this family, but felt led to post this for others to see as adoption has been an idea that Daddy C and I have been tossing back and forth. No, not right now, but when the boys are a bit older, it would be so wonderful to give a better life to a baby girl in need. So, if you feel led hop on over to their blog and see what they are all about!!
I most certainly did not take entirely too long at the grocery store yesterday while the hubby was home with the boys to simply enjoy my first time alone in weeks!
I did not buy my husband a Father's Day present that while I know he will enjoy, I most certainly will enjoy as well.
I also did not entertain the idea of buying my husband tickets to the 2010 World Cup in South Africa. I would never think about spending so much money to go to a soccer game for one day in a foreign country.
I do not let baby C sleep in a onesie so in the morning I do not just change his diaper and put a pair of shorts on him, it does not makes life so much easier.
I do not love clipping coupons and saving money at the grocery store. I do not love saving more than I pay. What 26 year old would get a thrill out of that?
Saturday, June 13, 2009
I was also able to snag an amazing deal on lodging for that week. Usually we would stay atShades of Green, which is on Disney property, but due to this amazing discount Disney is offering they are booked until September. So I was able to book 7 nights at The Radisson Worldgate Resort for $329 for the whole week courtesy ofArmed Forces Vacation Club. So you want to know how much the AFVCLUB saved us, you got it! If I had booked directly with the Radisson and used their military rate it would be $609.07.
I have quite a few other ways that I plan on saving money this trip as well. Everyone loves Disney souvenirs right? Well I have purchased Disney items from Wal-mart, Target, etc and plan on giving T something each night while we are there. He also has saved $71 that he can spend on whatever he wants while he is there. Our room also has a refrigerator and microwave, therefore we will eat breakfast in our room before we leave, take sandwiches to the parks(0n most days) as well as snacks. I am going to buy all of our food and drinks before we leave town so I can shop the sales and get the best prices, from experience if you wait to get to the Orlando area and grocery shop there you will pay a fortune! I have also purchased certificates from Restaurant.com, if you Google restaurant.com coupon codes you will be able to find at least a 50% off code, however the other day I found an 80% off code and was able to snag $25 certificates for $2, there are some restrictions on the certificates, but it tells you what they are so you can decided before you buy. One of the days we are there we also plan to hop on over to Busch Gardens using our free passes thanks to herosalute.com, for the past 3 or 4 years the Anheuser-Busch corporation, that owns Busch Gardens and Sea World has offered a free one day ticket to either park to military memebers and their dependents. This will be our 3rd straight year taking advantage of this opportunity. Tampa is only about an hour and a half away so we will come back to Orlando that night to avoid paying for another hotel.
After we leave Disney we will head to my parent's house in Charleston for a couple of days to regroup, get family pictures taken, wash clothes and of course visit them! Daddy C, T and I will then leave there (Baby C is staying) and we will head to the mountains of NC, first stop will be Boone, where we went to college, to visit a friend and do some hiking. Second stop Brevard, NC, where Daddy C's parents own a little place, we will stay there 2 days and enjoy hiking and family fellowship time all alone with T (he needs it!). Third stop Asheville, there were are camping for 2 days, for $29 a night, this is the only place on this leg of the trip where we will have to pay for lodging.
Of course I will post tons and tons of pictures when we get back and probably even while we are there, both or hotel in Orlando and our campground (yes, our campground) have Wi-Fi!!
Friday, June 12, 2009
My husband has a totally, completely normal job, I mean who does not experience things like this on a regular basis while at work, come on!!!
Monday, June 8, 2009
First up, the Pine Mountain Wild Animal Park. Now upon entering this park you can either A. Drive your own car (which I do not recommend seeing as when we entered there was a giraffe that stuck it's head in our window) B. Ride the bus that leaves every hour or so with all of the other hot and sweaty people or C. Rent a really cool zebra striped van that you think may stall out in the animal park as you are driving through and if it does you may get eaten by the camels or something of that nature. We opted for C, although not the safest I was not going to be stressed out about a ostrich pecking my car or a camel spitting on it and I was not going to have to be annoyed by all of the stinky people crammed on a bus with no AC.
After the wild time we had at the animal park we headed to Callaway gardens to go to their "beach". I fully intended on paying the $20 to get into the park but upon arriving Daddy C handed her his Id so we could get the military discount and she asked if we were stationed at Benning, why yes we are. She handed us a map and a receipt for $0 and along we went. Apparantly those stationed at Benning and their familes get in free....Woo Hoo!!!!