Tuesday, September 8, 2009

We are broken....

We are broken, we hurt, we mourn, we cry, we laugh, we remember. If we are all of those things I can not even begin to imagine the pain that SSG Dahlke's and PFC Hario's families are feeling. If we are broken, mourning, crying, laughing and remembering than they are broken, mourning, crying, laughing and remembering ten fold.

I have known that WAR is real, but in the past 12 months I have been rocked to the core not 1 time, not 2 times, not 3 times, but now 4 times that WAR is real. C and I lost a close friend last September (Cpt. Rich Cliff), C lost a fellow comrade in January (SSG Anthony Davis) and now C mourns the loss of another comrade and friend (SSG Jason Dahlke) and although we did not personally know PFC Hario, we feel his loss as well.

There is no way that I could ever do these men justice in writing, these men are amazing, selfless heroes. I can with certainty say that SSG Dahlke died doing what he loved and that may make it a little bit easier, however we are still broken, we still hurt, we still mourn, we still cry, we still laugh and we will always remember. There is not a day that goes by nor is there a day that will ever go by will I will not think of these men with the utmost pride, respect and thankfullness. I am proud to have known them and am a better person for having them in my life.
SSG Jason Dahlke doing what he did best, he loved his country, family and friends more than he loved himself.
SSG Jason Dahlke's funeral, he laid down his life to protect us all and for that I am forever grateful.



PFC Eric Hario, it is said that he always wanted to be a Ranger, the best of the best and he died doing just that.

PFC Eric Hario's funeral, to you Eric I am thankful.

1 comment:

Michaela & Riley said...

So sad. As September 11 rolls around the corner, I am ever so thankful for men like this, fighting to ensure the terror doesn't happen again to us in this country. God bless these hero's, and I am so sorry for your loss. God willing this war will be over soon!