Thursday, July 30, 2009

We left a part of us here.......

Five years ago when I graduated from Appalachian State, I could not wait to get down that mountain, I could not wait to have no more snowy winters, I could not wait to get back to the beach. And now five years later....I can not wait to get back to the mountains!!!!

This view....simply amazing and breathtaking. And by breathtaking, it literally was, this is the top of Elk Knob, when we first mounted the trail I thought 1.3 miles that is a breeze. Well not when the last 1/2 mile of the hike was at a complete incline full of loose rock and rated for serious hikers. But alas at the top the view we found was worth it all!

We are truly at peace here, we can not wait to go back, take the boys and perhaps settle down there one day!!!


Look, the Mountaineers are finally ready to play with the big boys!!! 3 National Championships gets you nice things, like this amazing new stadium!!!

No comments: