Monday, April 20, 2009

Gunfire in the morning....

I love it...I really really do! Wait, before you think I am totally nuts I shall explain.

I love living so close to Fort Benning, do I like Columbus, NO, but a girl must make do and I do love living so close to such a huge Army installation....it makes me feel so safe!

I love passing by Red Cloud range, on the way to take Tucker to school, and seeing the Bradleys, Strikers, Abrams tanks, etc firing....it makes me feel so safe!

I love walking Tucker into school and hearing the firing from the AMU pistol range right up the road....I feel so safe!

I love walking the track next to the Ranger Memorial and hearing the gun fire from the big gun range across the street....I feel so safe!

I love walking the track next to the Ranger Memorial and looking over to the memorial knowing that those amazing Rangers gave their lives for my boys and I to feel so safe!

I love being on post and seeing all of the men and women in uniform...I feel so safe!

I still get tears in my eyes when I see the new privates, freshly graduated from BCT, walking hand in hand with their wives/fiances/girlfriends/flavor of the week it reminds me of that time 5 years ago when I walked hand in hand with my freshly graduated private husband in the same exact place.

I love looking out of my window and seeing my very own Ranger pull up in the driveway, open our front door, lay down his beret and take of his boots after a long day....I feel so safe!

No comments: